It is not what a man does that is of final importance, but what he is in what he does. The atmosphere produced by a man, much more than his activities, has the lasting influence.
Values are like gravity and the north pole - they are the constant attraction in a desired direction. Along the journey, we can hear God's voice and follow that lead, but values are the constant guiding voice of our lives.
Personal Values – To succeed apart from these values is to fail
- People come first
- Our ability to care and relate to people is the foundation for all activity
- Enthusiasm, passion, focus and joy are the contagious attributes of wholeheartedness
Integrity & Excellence
- Unwavering personal integrity, ethical character and practices, clear articulation and accurate representation of abilities and accomplishments are the essential ingredients of excellence and integrity
- Who we are speaks louder than what we say, therefore for our words to have authority and influence, they must be congruent with our lifestyle
- Being genuine and authentic, being true to oneself, owning one’s stuff
- Believe the best of others to bring out the best in others
- Find a way, not an excuse
- Transparency and authenticity are the pathway to joy
- Deep, natural, steady joy is the byproduct of a life consecrated to Jesus.
- Serving others before yourself is the pathway to greatness
- We serve others by being encouraging, enabling and empowering
- When you win at home, you win
- All success in life is built on this foundation
- The joy of honoring others by sharing your home and life’s blessings
- Healthy and caring people are generous in heart, lifestyle and resources and inspire others to embrace these values
- Intimacy and friendship with God is my deepest passion. It focuses all other values and is the wellspring for all sacred and secular activities.
- Capacity for intimacy with God is prerequisite for intimacy, friendship and authenticity with people
- Learning the secrets of His presence is my life’s quest and my true north
- Power is meant to flow from us and through us to the degree that we can abide in His intimate presence.